Photo

ALL DISCUSSIONS IN HERE: Rough Draft

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

Poll: Most used fation in YR QM

Near end of month when points count especially, be honest.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 aMurdock

aMurdock

Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3975 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

Well I've been rank 1 with allied sov and yuri, so I am fair either way. I'm not trying to get one faction any better chance than another. This renovation is great, every map and every (xvx) factor is great.

And most ppl I see posting are pretty new to qm and don't understand how things were on wol, or early xwis. We had a lot of stupid maps and never had the opportunity to take out a faction vs a certain faction. This will be incredibly fair.

PS. To all the yuri fans, yuri is incredibly overpowered and if u don't realize that your not too smart. Nobody is trying to bash yuri, we want the game to be fair. And for the most part, the top players in yr history never liked yuri BECAUSE it is overpowered. So I don't know why your complaining, when this reno is done more people will be willing to play you.

#27 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:32 PM

PS. To all the yuri fans, yuri is incredibly overpowered and if u don't realize that your not too smart. Nobody is trying to bash yuri, we want the game to be fair. And for the most part, the top players in yr history never liked yuri BECAUSE it is overpowered. So I don't know why your complaining, when this reno is done more people will be willing to play you.

And to expand on this, it's as if yuri players feel they should NEVER be at a disadvantage. This renovation I think does one ultimate thing: It puts them at a disadvantage late game vs. allied players.

#28 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:18 PM

Well you said it yourself, your an average yuri player. It's time for you to earn your ranks ;).

Like I said pro allied > pro yuri, average allies > average yuri and most likely newb allies > newb yuri

I still think your prejudice and your problem is that as a pro you lose from time to time to a yuri player, but you have never played as yuri vs a good allies. It is much harder than you think and all the advantages you think yuri has honestly will not count for much when the mirages and prisms rape your army and your disks get owned by bf.

It is a shame that you turned a cool idea about new maps into a vendeta against yuri, we only want to be your friends :)

no offence, but an equal level yuri vs an equal level allied the yuri should almost always win..
allies have two maps in qm right now where it's actually fair for them vs yuri(and i mean balanced) and those are cs and montana all other maps for avy allies are at a disadvantage, and also sorry to say this but if you know how to play as yuri correctly on those maps for avy you shouldn't lose ever, the only reason it's fair for avy right now is because most yuri players don't even know what they're doing

#29 kickyou73

kickyou73

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:42 PM

I do not mean to offend you, but you (kick) dont deserve to be in the top 20. You are there solely on yuri. (once again no disrespect)

Not offended mate. When I was your age and at the height at of wol when we had 20,000 players I did once make the top 20 (kickme73) with Sovs without cheating. Since then I have a job, wife and 2 kids :) I just play for fun and to chill out after work but I would still say I deserve the rank more than those who cheat (many) or those who go cannot play against Yuri in "Yuri's Revenge" and just cry the game is unfair after 3 or 4 engi's fail (the most over powered unit).

I do actually prefer playing as Sovs but when I came back to the game there were only a handful of Yuri players in the game and I thought it was a shame as the victorys vs Yuri were always the most satisfying and I like you hated Yuri as you do now. But now I think the game is better for having Yuri in it and if more played as Yuri as they did a few years ago I would go back to sovs tomorrow

#30 Sovereign

Sovereign

Newly Christend Allied Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2238 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:47 PM

Id have to argue that there hasnt been a "top yuri" player in some time. Yes sunny was excellent with yuri, but how many rank 1's did he achieve? Many. I assume your talking about sunny losing to adam, well adam is a unique player in his own right. Ill leave it at that.

Now I will say yuri vs. allied is alot more FAIR then yuri vs. soviets.

The thin about yuri is its the trickiest of all to equalize. It's damn near impossible. You CANT put allies on a small map vs. yuri like blood/dune and expect balance.

There's a reason why all water maps were removed in first place - boomer rush is 100x more overpowered then anything in game. Now in current renovation, sov land, cold war, lost lake, and malibu cliffs all have water, but the boomer rush will not work on those maps (other then lost lake which will be hell with boomers).

Soviets will still be able to play yuri on dune.

Yes, its just another imbalance in the game. Yuris supers are by far the best in game. The soviets iron curtain is the only thing that matches them. Chronosphere is very useless, and the 'storm is the worst of the three. It's just unfair in AvY games to put supers on, just gives yuri players another one of the 100 advantages they have ;).

Well you said it yourself, your an average yuri player. It's time for you to earn your ranks ;).

And maybe it would be easier to just do Riz's idea:

if its possible perhaps we should just listen to riz and completely eliminate A/SvY. i would find that a much better experience. having to deal with m4ster and his garbage enging. dealing with superboss copying everything he sees. the least that could be done is leave yuri in ffgs.

#31 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:55 PM

if its possible perhaps we should just listen to riz and completely eliminate A/SvY. i would find that a much better experience. having to deal with m4ster and his garbage enging. dealing with superboss copying everything he sees. the least that could be done is leave yuri in ffgs.

While, in a way it would be nice to have that. I think doing the things I listed in the renovation will certainly at least make it fun, and like kickyou said, satisfying, to win vs. a yuri.

I do like yuri in a way, just as kickyou said it is satisfying to beat them, but i do not like the xwis version of yuri. This qm renovation hopefully will fix it up a bit to where yuri has to kill me, and not me kill myself.

On that topic, if anyone has more maps for the yuri vs. allies or yuri vs. soviets, PLEASE LIST THEM!!!

#32 Kundalini

Kundalini

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5090 posts
  • XWIS Name: Minjeeta

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:36 AM

your 100% correct. Mirror matches are always equal unless the map is an issue. However, that is not what the game is for (3 mcv's) lol. But yes, you are correct.

The only other way you could have a truely equal match is if every qm player used the same faction, maybe a different one each month.

#33 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:41 AM

The only other way you could have a truely equal match is if every qm player used the same faction, maybe a different one each month.

We will settle for the closest possible thing.

#34 Kundalini

Kundalini

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5090 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:42 AM

We will settle for the closest possible thing.

Except it seems certain to cause dispute whatever you do.

#35 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:57 AM

Except it seems certain to cause dispute whatever you do.

Exactly, that's natural, we must come to expect that, and sometimes you just gotta look at the cold hard facts and leave some people out... :(

#36 Kundalini

Kundalini

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5090 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:22 AM

You could always have a vote on unholy alliance.

#37 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:52 AM

You could always have a vote on unholy alliance.

Sorry, that would completely ruin the element of qm. :s

#38 DryFeet

DryFeet

joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:52 AM

Prep I'm in favour of your renovations: I think it'll make it interesting and yr qm needs that. But any map with water in is completely lame avy and svy: there's literally no stopping boomer rush. For that reason maps like cold war should not be played vs yuri.

Also I agree with tj in that bf and dune should be left in avs: it might be hard for allies, but I always relish the challenge rather than complaining. No sov player that I'd usually own would really get a win against me there.

Edited by hosae, 27 February 2009 - 01:54 AM.

#39 Kundalini

Kundalini

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5090 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:38 AM

Sorry, that would completely ruin the element of qm. :s

In what way?

#40 SovForce1

SovForce1

Comrade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1323 posts
  • XWIS Name: Buffalo

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:29 AM

... dude take out cold war from qm for any side 2 play as its unfair on yr...

#41 thomas338

thomas338

Sun Wukong

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11381 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:59 AM

we want change!

#42 SovForce1

SovForce1

Comrade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1323 posts
  • XWIS Name: Buffalo

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:27 AM

and we want it now!

#43 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:07 PM

Prep I'm in favour of your renovations: I think it'll make it interesting and yr qm needs that. But any map with water in is completely lame avy and svy: there's literally no stopping boomer rush. For that reason maps like cold war should not be played vs yuri.

Also I agree with tj in that bf and dune should be left in avs: it might be hard for allies, but I always relish the challenge rather than complaining. No sov player that I'd usually own would really get a win against me there.

1. I see your point 100% with boomers, but please understand that I look in the map list, and I cant find ANY maps.

It's so hard to find a decently fair yuri vs. ____ map mate

3. Soverign Land // AvY
4. Cold War // SvY AvY
6. Lost lake // AvY SvY
Malibu Cliffs

Those are the water maps. Malibu / sov They dont really help yuri, Cold war It does help yuri substantially, same as lost lake.

Its a tough predicament, id love to play yuri on lost lake, or cold war if it wasnt for water :S.

But have yall ever wondered how good water would be against yuri? Obviously it wouldnt be that much due to gats/mags, but everybody goes a way from water, when I think it could help greatly.

2. The AvS on blood/dune, the reason Id like this out is because a newb sov >> a newb allied. My basic thinking: Why put an allied player on that map, when theres 60 other maps that are better warfare? you know what I mean? I mean, ye you CAN win, but you probably shouldnt be winning vs a pro sov there.

In what way?

By having 3 mcv's everyone would be the same. It goes back to the balance issue, some imbalance is a good thing, you just don't want it to cost you the game. It's just fun to go from a svs matchup, to a sva matchup, back and fourth. No-one wants to use 3 mcv's and create super bo's off that...

... dude take out cold war from qm for any side 2 play as its unfair on yr...

I really like cold war, I see your complaint about the barrell which I do agree with, but as long as u protect it early game it should last you a while to get into the late game. I really like it tho, and im sure alot of people do. If peopel can give me more opinions on it, then it'd be more appreciated.

What a joke. This has already been done like 25x, get over it, move on. It's pointless, it's been "RENOVATED" like 6x already and you're still not happy, you don't know what you want.

You gotta keep updating with the times my man, yuri has barely ever changed from the beginning. We do know what we want, we want a different yuri, and more maps.

#44 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:32 PM

LOL SAYING YOU CAN BEAET A GOOD YURI PLAYER ON DUNE PATROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that made my day lmfao.

#45 JoKuJaK

JoKuJaK

b00yaka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10846 posts
  • XWIS Name: JoKuJaK

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:52 PM

go change some of the retarded **** in ra2 qm... like removing the retarded maps..

and maybe even turn friggen crates on since everybody knows how to have a good build order ,,,, xD go tourny!1

#46 Strategst

Strategst

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5796 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:54 AM

First off, I think Sovereign Land is already enabled for AvY and SvY. I am really digging midsize additions like Bridging the Gap, Happy Trails, Mt. Olympus, and Paris Revisited. I feel like Yuri is getting duped on anything larger, especially without superweapons versus Allies, for two reasons. One, Yuri is a poor scout. It is difficult enough as it is to scout Blood Feud without getting gunned down. Now, imagine trying to reveal ten times the shroud with any sense of effectiveness. Two, the travel time works against Yuri attacks. Yuri either attacks prepared mirages or waits to be annihilated by prism refraction. "Medium" maps create an urgency for both sides. Allies to tech up, and Yuri to attack. Close quarters make for a fairer match in my opinion. I agree small maps like Blood Feud are too close. The idea of a larger map pool really appeals to me. Even I am sick of being limited to the same few maps as Yuri. I think another thing that has to be taken into consideration is non-Yuri players are guilty of thinking inside the box too. They want to play a certain way and change the other player if that way does not work rather than innovate. I see a lot of that happening here. It is always "f-ing Yuri" not "Darn, rhinos do not work." I used to laugh so hard at Allies it hurt. Adam innovated and defeats me almost every time now. M4ster also defeats me consistently. I am not afraid to say his Soviets are better than my Yuri now because of how he learned to approach Yuri. In fact, when he defeated me on Sahara Mirage, even I decided to try something new and won with quite a few more lasher tanks when we matched there again. My point is no one is willing to do what it takes to cut Yuri's power. Change, do something different, learn, and take risks. Until then, I feel a lot of the suggestions work toward Allied and Soviet players having a better chance playing the "old" way, not really toward increasing the skill factor of the equation. I think this is what the Yuri players are trying to get across. They are just as sick of defending "suicide" rushes as the rushers are of using them and losing half the time. Few play a good game anymore. It is bail or rush, and if that does not work, "f Yuri." And that is exactly how it is. I disagree with removing AvY and SvY altogether. That strenghtens the angle that we are catering to Red Alert 2 with more maps and units. My suggestion in a nutshell is the Yuri additions should be midsized, not too small, not too large. My last suggestion is to remove what side you are facing on the quick match screen as an anti-bailing measure.

#47 Kundalini

Kundalini

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5090 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:22 AM

Well said Strategst, I said something similar earlier. The so called best players don't want to adjust their game to overcome Yuri, they'd rather sit on the forums crying about how overpowered Yuri is.

#48 aMurdock

aMurdock

Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3975 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:26 AM

1. SV AvS is very hard, it is SOMEWHAT fair, but not really. Allies HAVE TO MOVE to have any chance whatsoever.

2. Yuri has had the advantage since YR came out. It's time allies and soviets get a chance. And it's not that hard to scout with gats like a lot of players do.

3. Taking off teams is fine after the reno is over, but if people rly cared they cud just go check the ladder. And most of the top 10 games are arranged anyway.

Well said Strategst, I said something similar earlier. The so called best players don't want to adjust their game to overcome Yuri, they'd rather sit on the forums crying about how overpowered Yuri is.

For the most part, yuri players have never been so unfairly overpowered, it's how people play now. People like the cheating sandeep who camp with 200bunkers and go quick sups and camp till the dominator is done. That's why yuri is ****.

#49 Kundalini

Kundalini

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5090 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:28 AM

For the most part, yuri players have never been so unfairly overpowered, it's how people play now. People like the cheating sandeep who camp with 200bunkers and go quick sups and camp till the dominator is done. That's why yuri is ****.

Every side has the ability to camp. The soviets have the counter measure of engineer and two drones in a flak track to capture your con yard or drone it if you repack.

#50 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:38 AM

to make a quick comment about this: It's not like were removing yuris overpower, it is not bad map selections, yuri still is overpowered after renovation....

the only thing i think that hurts them and puts them at a disadvantage is vs allies on a map like east vs best or malibu.

The rest, their still overpowered and going to be hell to match. At least it wont be the 5 maps of doom anymore lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users