#26 GerWar176

GerWar176

:o

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1629 posts
  • XWIS Name: GerWar176

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:46 PM

when i play yuri i find it alot harder to beat allies than sovs, simply because allied camp is very effective versus yuri. all the way untill the maps resources are depleted, then yuri owns the allied camp. so i think supers off/random versus allies would be much more fair

#27 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:28 PM

yes i believe it would make a huge difference to have sw's off in yva, it would really even things alot better in long game. Honestly, it might actually put it in allieds favor in long game, and itd make yuri need to kill off allies a bit earlier.

#28 aMurdock

aMurdock

Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3975 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:49 PM

But isn't he asking to turn off superweapons... Yuri would still have a battle lab. (or did i miss something)

I meant supers tech. My bad.

#29 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:35 AM

yeah it's not as clear cut from what I remember (lol I'm pretty rusty :p)
The best Yuri players rush a dominator and mass camp, which makes chronosphere relatively useless and the dominator becomes key to the win; turning supers off would probably makes things more fair for AvY but don't quote me on that ^^

But isn't he asking to turn off superweapons... Yuri would still have a battle lab. (or did i miss something)

i think this is 100% true, it'll make things a lot more fair because honestly, in my games avy that i've had(which is a lot of them) especially vs actual good players, the dominator really does end up becoming a game decider, 'cause the allied players has a split second to put a force shield up and usually can never do it, and losing buildings like that really does mess you up, and they have gen mutator which gives you inf cash when the allied player runs out
now taking a look at allied super weapons, we have the weather storm, which is far from instant, i'm not even sure if the yuri radar shows it coming but it doesn't need to 'cause they can force shield before it does any damage, it doesn't end up helping vs campers 'cause if you do it on their bunkers a lot of their bunkers just become invicible because of the shield, then buildings almost always all get saved by the force shield as well, then we have the chronosphere which is a little better, i mean i'll admit it's helped/saved me a couple times, but that's not because it's effective but more because the yuri player was sloppy, i mean chrono is 100% counterable 'cause all you have to do is put your mm's and such into small groups, and you can also usually tell if the allied player is going to chrono prisms to your base so then you just need your force shield and then all the prisms become a waste of money, likewise for seals really too
so all in all, we have an instant weapon that destroyes buildings(oh and also controls your units so you need to spread your units out and your buildings as much as possible) and an infite cash generator vs a super weapon that takes like 30 seconds to finish it's attack and then a super that just depends on your opponents sloppyness(also forgot to mention it's timer is almost as much as dominator nuke and weather too...)

#30 Sovereign

Sovereign

Newly Christend Allied Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2238 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:53 AM

ah i see your point i suppose. but in all honesty the chrono isnt that bad a sw. it can be a game decider even if the weather machine isnt. i suppose no sw would be for the best. i concur.

#31 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:12 AM

Soviet vs YURI sw have to be on,

allied vs yuri should be random imo

There are some maps Yuri cant beat an allied player on without sw

i.e. DOUBLE TROUBLE. (yeah were trying to be fair to a overpowered faction, fari is fair!)

Avy sw should be random
like it is Avs

#32 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:30 AM

this is the problem with random sw's avy:

Yuri ALWAYS goes tech early so random sw's dont effect them.

Allies i guess, do need to tech, but i think they should know when sw's are on or off vs yuri

you feel me?

#33 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:33 AM

this is the problem with random sw's avy:

Yuri ALWAYS goes tech early so random sw's dont effect them.

Allies i guess, do need to tech, but i think they should know when sw's are on or off vs yuri

you feel me?

i understand where you are coming from,

but SW on yuri automatically has an advantage.

and a good allied player HAS to tech anyways to win, but yeah i feel you.

but then thats the same arguement i could say SVA

i should know whether to tech or not

=]

i do understand you =]

#34 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:36 AM

but then thats the same arguement i could say SVA

i should know whether to tech or not

=]

i do understand you =]

But see, the problem with that is yuri is not in the equation. The reason people need to know with yuri being envoled is because one mistake vs. yuri and its over. Yuri is the overpowered team were trying to equalize.

Random sw's for allied/soviet games should be random because its more of a balanced game, its more of a strategy to either go early battle lab or late battle lab.

Yuri being as overpowered as it is we are trying to do things to equalize it.

#35 AbRoMoV

AbRoMoV

Für immer frei und ungeteilt.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2180 posts
  • XWIS Name: ZooM

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

sw on for sure.

#36 Chrisev

Chrisev

CnCSaga Staff since 2009

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9132 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrisev

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:41 PM

Yuri needs to be eliminated from all competetive play, but that's not going to happen.

agreed

Sov have 100% need SW vs yuri !

SW ON ;)

Edited by Chrisev, 02 March 2009 - 05:41 PM.

#37 evlkn1ght

evlkn1ght

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1310 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:50 PM

random sw for AvY is a gd idea, i think it would make games vs allies far more interesting.

#38 johnnyp28

johnnyp28

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:23 PM

yuri should be ba rn from qm's altogether. he has an all around unfair advantage mags stop and rushsaiding mutator is unlimited money and towers make for easy camping. enough said

#39 Phailure

Phailure

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:32 PM

Sw on SvY
Sw off AvY
Most fair set-ups, yes it would benefit allied, I won't lie.
Yuri should still own anyway, might just make those yuri players attack insead of camping until they lose.

#40 evlkn1ght

evlkn1ght

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1310 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:27 AM

Sw on SvY
Sw off AvY
Yuri should still own anyway, might just make those yuri players attack insead of camping until they lose.

exactly. yuri can make 500 bunkers, but guess what prisms + mirage + AA = gg to camper yuri.

sws random AvY. and dont forget im a yuri player :p

#41 PATRIOT15

PATRIOT15

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • XWIS Name: PATR1OT

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:43 PM

Sw on SvY
Sw off AvY

So, as I can see, its completely decision. But on some maps, for example suck like Heck, evin Sovs can beat camping Yuri controlling most of resources on the map, as somebody said. But there are some maps, for example "Offence Deffence" where Sovs really need SW, because camper and Sov has the equal number of resources. Random SW for Allies, I think its not bad Idea, or we need it for experimenting. If we can make Random SW for AvY and see, what people will say next month.

#42 PrIncEss

PrIncEss

Sergeant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:32 PM

1. xgs for yr
2. no yr in qming

thats all!!!!!.

#43 AaSoVGoD

AaSoVGoD

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4319 posts
  • XWIS Name: AaSoVGoD

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:12 PM

Assuming all the maps are fair what's all the fuss about superweapons? The problem isn't if supers are on or off, it all comes down to your skill level. On Big maps Allies should have advantage against most Yuri players. Only a select number of Yuri players can take full advantage of t1 and t2 units. Soviets must have supers on vs Yuri. Supers on avy can be random. However, If using Allies, I would prefer supers on so the chrono can be used to sink groups of tanks into h2o or drop them directly on cliffs. The Weather Control Device is effective at destroying matter such as structures, tank bunkers, and miners.

Edited by AaSoVGoD, 11 March 2009 - 10:18 PM.

#44 evlkn1ght

evlkn1ght

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1310 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:23 PM

Assuming all the maps are fair what's all the fuss about superweapons? The problem isn't if supers are on or off, it all comes down to your skill level. On Big maps Allies should have advantage against most Yuri players. Only a select number of Yuri players can take full advantage of t1 and t2 units. Soviets must have supers on vs Yuri. Supers on avy can be random. However, If using Allies, I would prefer supers on so the chrono can be used to sink groups of tanks into h2o or drop them directly on cliffs. The Weather Control Device is effective at destroying matter such as structures, tank bunkers, and miners.

because sws have the ability to turn defeat into victory. i cant describe how many games between gd ppl come down to 1 well used sw ftw.

i know sws have saved me on a zillion occasions. since most of the time im playing lazily and dumb a sw offers redemption for the 200 mistakes ive made to that point. like my 1st game on OD vs alliesxd where i single handedly won because of 2 perfect dominator blasts, well and a few other desperation plays.

its not a gg if i dont pull a victory out of my **** :p

#45 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:27 PM

because sws have the ability to turn defeat into victory. i cant describe how many games between gd ppl come down to 1 well used sw ftw.

i know sws have saved me on a zillion occasions. since most of the time im playing lazily and dumb a sw offers redemption for the 200 mistakes ive made to that point. like my 1st game on OD vs alliesxd where i single handedly won because of 2 perfect dominator blasts, well and a few other desperation plays.

its not a gg if i dont pull a victory out of my **** :p

the real problem here is though that yuri's sws completely outclass the allied sws and so does yuris army too, so logically to balance things better without patching the game eliminating the yuri sw would be the best

#46 Kundalini

Kundalini

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5090 posts
  • XWIS Name: Minjeeta

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:49 AM

the real problem here is though that yuri's sws completely outclass the allied sws and so does yuris army too, so logically to balance things better without patching the game eliminating the yuri sw would be the best

That would tip the balance towards the allies and make them overpowered. Then you'd still have the same complaint. Making SW random on all qm games is the only fair way to go.

#47 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:05 AM

That would tip the balance towards the allies and make them overpowered. Then you'd still have the same complaint. Making SW random on all qm games is the only fair way to go.

maybe, but you have to think here, would it really make them overpowered?
right now yuri has everything, early game vs allies, late game, they dominate with supers, if super's are off it won't even give allies that much of an advantage, the only real different it makes is now yuri won't be able to simply sit there for 2 hours while the allied player runs out of any ore to mine

#48 Kundalini

Kundalini

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5090 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:47 AM

maybe, but you have to think here, would it really make them overpowered?
right now yuri has everything, early game vs allies, late game, they dominate with supers, if super's are off it won't even give allies that much of an advantage, the only real different it makes is now yuri won't be able to simply sit there for 2 hours while the allied player runs out of any ore to mine

Believe me I know that Yuri players that camp can be annoying but punishing all Yuri players (especially those of us that aren't very good) just doesn't seem fair. Just need combinations of air strikes and ground attacks to take out the Yuri campers (easier said than done).

#49 t3h J3w

t3h J3w

Co-founder of -NRA-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14598 posts
  • XWIS Name: AaSovJ3w

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:58 AM

Believe me I know that Yuri players that camp can be annoying but punishing all Yuri players (especially those of us that aren't very good) just doesn't seem fair. Just need combinations of air strikes and ground attacks to take out the Yuri campers (easier said than done).

lol as opposed to what? :laugh:

#50 Kundalini

Kundalini

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5090 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:07 PM

lol as opposed to what? :laugh:

Sitting on the forum crying about Yuri being overpowered. :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic