#26 Babak

Babak

Commander

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13030 posts
  • XWIS Name: Babak

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:22 PM

I never had any trouble on Tanya's, you get at least 4 of the derricks, send a slave miner to gems and you rape with the magnetrons due to the cliffs. I would call Tanya's a pretty damn good Yuri map.

#27 AmPLiFY

AmPLiFY

-AuF-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2525 posts
  • XWIS Name: AmPLiFY

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:26 PM

I think Urban Rush needs no discussion!
I think Hidden Valley, Blood Feud and Dune Patrol are pretty bad too.
(I always thought BF and DP play quite similarly)

I've never had a problen with HV but the only thing that needs to be elmininated from that map is svy/avy I Don't know if any allied players have problems vs yuri on that map, so I can't speak for you. I am just saying as soon as yuri walls up and put's bunkers everywhere it's almost impossible win.

#28 aMurdock

aMurdock

Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3975 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:35 PM

I've never had a problen with HV but the only thing that needs to be elmininated from that map is svy/avy I Don't know if any allied players have problems vs yuri on that map, so I can't speak for you. I am just saying as soon as yuri walls up and put's bunkers everywhere it's almost impossible win.

Well...Allies DO have somewhat of a chance there, I've won quite a bit vs yuri. But once they realize they CAN camp and win, they do. They make like 150000000 discs and if sw is on they just grind brutes.

#29 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:40 AM

keep DRy heat its my most FAVORITE MAP, to play vs yuri! haha.

add maps like army of the potomac, and double trouble vs yuri

i am getting on, like i said i will give u a list of good maps vs yuri.

#30 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:48 AM

i am getting on, like i said i will give u a list of good maps vs yuri.

Good, id like to see what you come up with, i was having a difficult time with my (30) that seemed allright.

Double trouble was talked about up there in the thread as being a hard map :S.

keep DRy heat its my most FAVORITE MAP, to play vs yuri! haha.

Man, this is tough, the whole communtiy is split in half about maps. Half hate offense defense, half hate dry heeat, half hate dustbowl, half love them...

#31 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:50 AM

Good, id like to see what you come up with, i was having a difficult time with my (30) that seemed allright.

Double trouble was talked about up there in the thread as being a hard map :S.

Man, this is tough, the whole communtiy is split in half about maps. Half hate offense defense, half hate dry heeat, half hate dustbowl, half love them...

its because of the lack of experience, Dry heat is fine vs yuri)sw on of course). offense defense is unfair SVY, but allies will win there.

dustbowl kinda sucks imo... but it is balanced i just hate that map (bad memories lol)

but yeah im here to help as good as i can,
and not make the same mistake as our predicessor noobs willy and babak (LMAO JK ILY<3)

but ya im getting on msn now, ill page you =D

#32 kickyou73

kickyou73

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:31 AM

Yuri vs Yuri all maps fair. Please can we have some more new maps?

Get rid of Urban and HV for anything other than yvy

Take BF and Dune out for avy but leave both for svy

OD and DH to stay but get rid of dustbowl for all sides as its boring.

Some of the old wol maps were really good and it would be nice to see some of them return :)

Edited by kickyou73, 26 February 2009 - 09:46 AM.

#33 DryFeet

DryFeet

joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:45 AM

I never lose to yuri on bf or dune; just gi rush. And I'm pretty sure that you can't match yuri on urban any more, considering I haven't matched it once since they last changed qm.

Since they got rid of matches vs yuri on urban and soveriegn land I don't have a particular problem with yuri on any map.

Edited by hosae, 27 February 2009 - 01:46 AM.

#34 Kundalini

Kundalini

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5090 posts
  • XWIS Name: Minjeeta

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:44 AM

It's a shame so many people think Hidden Valley should be taken out, it's one of my favourite maps as well as offense Defence regardless of which faction I play.

#35 Babak

Babak

Commander

• Bounty Hunters
  • 13030 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:47 AM

I never lose to yuri on bf or dune; just gi rush. And I'm pretty sure that you can't match yuri on urban any more, considering I haven't matched it once since they last changed qm.

Since they got rid of matches vs yuri on urban and soveriegn land I don't have a particular problem with yuri on any map.

Did the yuri make a tight base and make gattling bunkers? From what I remember, I never ever lost to GI IFV rush :p

#36 reano

reano

Captain

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts
  • XWIS Name: reano

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:52 AM

There are good counters for the gi rush .. but I still think df and dp can stay....

Thse maps are soooo easy for yuri to win on, completely lame.

Dune Patrol - Nope
Dustbowl - Nope
Hidden Valley - Yes easier to win
blood feud - Nope
urban rush - Yes

Please please dont make this a "lets make Yuri unplayable on the maps that remain.....??" The ones above are the only maps in the whole of the current map set that Yuri has a 'definite advantage' on if you think he does on others then I'm sorry you are just not good enough yet to deal with Yuri...

I am playing some sov games and allied vs yuri and besides those maps I do pretty well vs Yuri

So besides the maps I've suggest a good idea would be to add a shed load of maps, just loads of them, that way it makes it harder to get to grips with bo and tactics.

Edited by reano, 27 February 2009 - 05:57 AM.

#37 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:34 PM

It's a shame so many people think Hidden Valley should be taken out, it's one of my favourite maps as well as offense Defence regardless of which faction I play.

ye same, i think hv is a great avy map

#38 DryFeet

DryFeet

joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:17 PM

Did the yuri make a tight base and make gattling bunkers? From what I remember, I never ever lost to GI IFV rush :p

No I mean 20 gi's, straight tanks, sell on 1 miner. Reano says he can stop it, but I don't remember him ever doing it. It works with 30 conscripts just as well, and you can do it on dh without selling your con.

#39 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

No I mean 20 gi's, straight tanks, sell on 1 miner. Reano says he can stop it, but I don't remember him ever doing it. It works with 30 conscripts just as well, and you can do it on dh without selling your con.

2 gat cannon's could prob stop that though, i think it'd prob work out better on dp then bf though 'cause dp's a lot more spread out

#40 AaSoVGoD

AaSoVGoD

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4319 posts
  • XWIS Name: AaSoVGoD

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

ye same, i think hv is a great avy map

hv is one of the absolute worst avy maps in the game, and even worse for soviets

#41 reano

reano

Captain

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts
  • XWIS Name: reano

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:46 AM

hv is one of the absolute worst avy maps in the game, and even worse for soviets

Really good sovs can cause good yuris pain on here but yes its not balanced

#42 Babak

Babak

Commander

• Bounty Hunters
  • 13030 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:22 AM

I strongly doubt that would work against a good camper, and I know for fact the conscript rush is useless against good Yuri.

Edited by -DejaVu-, 02 March 2009 - 11:22 AM.

#43 AbRoMoV

AbRoMoV

Für immer frei und ungeteilt.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2180 posts
  • XWIS Name: ZooM

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:02 PM

You can stop a good connie rush even if you go 1 miner. JUst camp with 1-2 gats in a bunker and r0b the rhinos with mags.

Edited by SwO, 02 March 2009 - 12:02 PM.

#44 AaSoVGoD

AaSoVGoD

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4319 posts
  • XWIS Name: AaSoVGoD

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:06 AM

Really good sovs can cause good yuris pain on here but yes its not balanced

There's a special tactic me and Leo thought up for HV. Sov players are restricted from doing anything without a nuke. I never lost a game using that strategy.

#45 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:28 AM

There's a special tactic me and Leo thought up for HV. Sov players are restricted from doing anything without a nuke. I never lost a game using that strategy.

i know that tactic, you told me about it.
yeah thats why a good yuri can own a good sov here,

most unblanaced map vs yuri

in qm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users