44 replies to this topic

#1 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:20 PM

Welcome all to the yr qm renovation discussions zone.

The first deal of business will be due to eliminate the bad, whack, imbalanced, or flat out stupid current maps.

Heres a list of current maps that the yuri faction plays on:

Heartland
Offense Defense
Dry Heat
Dune Patrol
Golden State Fwy
Sahara Mirage
Dustbowl
Hidden Valley
Country Swing
Montana DMZ
blood feud
urban rush

If there is any more maps that yuri plays on, please bring it to attention in here.

**I have bolded the map(s) that I feel are on the 'hot seat,' aka close to elimination, I will edit this post if more maps get 'voted' off.**

My personal views are as follows:

#1: Hidden Valley - I think it is well known that the community does not want this map in qm vs. yuri.

#2: Blood feud - While this map gives an ok chance for soviets, its a killer for allies, and lets be honest, when yuri has 11 maps in qm, why have blood and dune patrol in there? The reason I think dune is more fair is because their is less trees, less hills, its more easier to all out rush the yuri without dealing with magnetrons. It's also harder for yuri to camp 100% on dune.

With that in mind, I think it would be a great idea to eliminate yuri vs. allies on dune patrol. But keep it for yuri vs. soviets.

#3: Offense defense - This one i am kinda going off the community vibe, alot of people i have talked to, don't want this in qm. Personally I find it a hard time playing vs yuri there, as yuri is just to good there.

Please discuss all possible elimination of yuri maps in here.

Edited by leigz, 22 February 2009 - 02:14 AM.

#2 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

urban rush is for yuri too
and imo hidden valley is alright avy but can't be played at all svy though
and i agree with dp staying for sovs vs yuri maybe even bf too, just allies should not match on those
and urban rush should be removed completely other then in yvy
and as for od i think it should stay

Edited by Crisis, 21 February 2009 - 10:35 PM.

#3 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:40 PM

Thanks for your opinion.

Are you 100% sure urban is in it right now tho? I checked about 8 yuri players profiles, not one had a game yuri vs. sov or yuri vs allie on urban.

and as for od i think it should stay

Id like to get more opinions on offense defense.

and i agree with dp staying for sovs vs yuri maybe even bf too, just allies should not match on those

The problem I have with keeping both maps in it, is it gets repititive. Dean brought up the point that, you can trick a yuri player with a rush one time, but then you often get the same map twice, or in this case, same kind of map twice.
The thing I hate about yuri qm is youll get hidden valley, small 1on1 map, then blood, then dune.. theirs no... randomity, its just boring. Blood feud i think is the more unfair of the two, and i think itd be good to eliminate it from qm for yuri.

and imo hidden valley is alright avy but can't be played at all svy though

I agree 100% it should be tooken out vs sovs, the avy thing id like more opinions on !!

Thanks

#4 Gyroscopic

Gyroscopic

F(r)iend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3465 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:46 PM

Are you 100% sure urban is in it right now tho? I checked about 8 yuri players profiles, not one had a game yuri vs. sov or yuri vs allie on urban.

probably b/c everyone bails yuri there

#5 SovForce1

SovForce1

Comrade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1323 posts
  • XWIS Name: Buffalo

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:09 AM

hidden vally and bf shud defntly be out. but Offense Defense i find that fun to play vs yuri expt when the yuri massz 50 bunkers like sunny or pacman. ive played reano there i think its ok idk. also i think dp is that same as bf so if u guna remove bf might as well take out dp to.

Edited by SovForce1, 22 February 2009 - 12:10 AM.

#6 Retired

Retired

THE KING HAS GONE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4540 posts
  • XWIS Name: JRisKing

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:16 AM

Urban rush is the only map that really needs to be taken out.

#7 Sovereign

Sovereign

Newly Christend Allied Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2238 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:41 AM

off deff seems to be fair. since allies will get more bang for their buck and sovs ic is fairly hard to stop unless your playing a camper. or a ufo masser. seems fair to me in all honesty.

#8 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:13 AM

Offense defense has left the "hot seat" ;).

#9 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:27 AM

Thanks for your opinion.

Id like to get more opinions on offense defense.

The problem I have with keeping both maps in it, is it gets repititive. Dean brought up the point that, you can trick a yuri player with a rush one time, but then you often get the same map twice, or in this case, same kind of map twice.
The thing I hate about yuri qm is youll get hidden valley, small 1on1 map, then blood, then dune.. theirs no... randomity, its just boring. Blood feud i think is the more unfair of the two, and i think itd be good to eliminate it from qm for yuri.

I agree 100% it should be tooken out vs sovs, the avy thing id like more opinions on !!

Thanks

ye that's a really good point that bf and dp kind of have the exact same style when it comes to svy but ye if you're going to keep one then i'm with keeping dp because that map is a lot easier for the sovs to push on the yuri's eco
and i just checked and they must have taken out urban rush from the yvs/yva match up

#10 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:47 AM

and i just checked and they must have taken out urban rush from the yvs/yva match up

Thats what i thought :). thanks for further info.

#11 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:45 PM

So far the only eliminations are hidden valley, and blood feud. Urban rush as well if it is still in qm.

anyone have opinions on offense defense? Dry heat?

Dune patrol will stay as a svy and be eliminated as a avy.

#12 thomas338

thomas338

Sun Wukong

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11381 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:50 PM

offense defense? Dry heat?

eliminate them imo

#13 AirPowerBro

AirPowerBro

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5755 posts
  • XWIS Name: Brother

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:53 PM

I would like DP taken out and offence defence and the others you guys have already said. Dry heat also. You cannot attack a bunker camper on dry heat with allies.

Edited by Carl, 22 February 2009 - 04:53 PM.

#14 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:18 PM

Dry heat is close to being included on the hot seat. I also agree with them, its a tuff map to play vs. yuri.

offense defense - more opinions.

#15 aMurdock

aMurdock

Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3975 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:21 PM

Thse maps are soooo easy for yuri to win on, completely lame.

Dune Patrol
Dustbowl
Hidden Valley
blood feud
urban rush

#16 Sovereign

Sovereign

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2238 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

Dry heat isnt bad at all.... you kill the oils.. you can slap miners... not to mention how effective chronospheres can be there.. i think it need stay as well as off def. the sovs have the brute force of the ic to slap them not to mention teh siege on cliffs with deso back up. the allies have prism which bone bunkers.. dh can stay i think. esp since you can eat engis fairly easily. and with all the hills mags will be hardpressed to defeat the prisms within it. sovs can simply connie rush powers and shizzle. its not that difficult to beat yuris on dh and off def.

#17 AbRoMoV

AbRoMoV

Für immer frei und ungeteilt.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2180 posts
  • XWIS Name: ZooM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

dustbowl is hard for yuri to capture the oils, dune patroul is big and yuri outcashes soon when he starts to camp.

#18 Sovereign

Sovereign

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2238 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:57 AM

we also need to remember that once yuri camps he virtually neednt build anything anymore until he reaches his blab.. while hes waiting his eco flourishes like swo says..

#19 SovForce1

SovForce1

Comrade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1323 posts
  • XWIS Name: Buffalo

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:10 AM

by the end ov this all yuri will have like 3 maps to play sov or allied lol y not just take him out completly so u can only yvy? but that wud take away the whole purpose ov the game ie yuris revenge lol

#20 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:13 AM

by the end ov this all yuri will have like 3 maps to play sov or allied lol y not just take him out completly so u can only yvy? but that wud take away the whole purpose ov the game ie yuris revenge lol

Mate, you not see my list of 30 maps?

Id like to add at least 10 of those, most likely 15 of those.

You must understand this: It's SO hard to pick maps for yuri combate because of the extremes. On 70% of the maps yuri abso. OWNS, on 20% of the maps yuri abso. gets OWNED. the 10% is the 'real good maps.'

The part we need to do is pick what maps fit yuri vs. allies, what maps fit yuri vs. soviets. Then it will give us a wider range of maps. Maybe we can get 14 yuri vs. sovs maps, and 10 different yuri vs. allied maps, ya feel me?

The key is to make yuri playable again. I dont want to sit in qm screen bailing yuri players.

#21 aMurdock

aMurdock

Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3975 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:25 AM

dustbowl is hard for yuri to capture the oils, dune patroul is big and yuri outcashes soon when he starts to camp.

Lies lies lies. dustbowl is soooooo easy for yuri to camp with all the buildings. And dp all u need is 1bunker and gg.

#22 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:33 AM

So would you want dustbowl eliminated?

#23 Babak

Babak

Commander

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13030 posts
  • XWIS Name: Babak

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:40 AM

Welcome all to the yr qm renovation discussions zone.

The first deal of business will be due to eliminate the bad, whack, imbalanced, or flat out stupid current maps.

Heres a list of current maps that the yuri faction plays on:

Heartland
Offense Defense
Dry Heat
Dune Patrol
Golden State Fwy
Sahara Mirage
Dustbowl
Hidden Valley
Country Swing
Montana DMZ
blood feud
urban rush

If there is any more maps that yuri plays on, please bring it to attention in here.

**I have bolded the map(s) that I feel are on the 'hot seat,' aka close to elimination, I will edit this post if more maps get 'voted' off.**

My personal views are as follows:

#1: Hidden Valley - I think it is well known that the community does not want this map in qm vs. yuri.

#2: Blood feud - While this map gives an ok chance for soviets, its a killer for allies, and lets be honest, when yuri has 11 maps in qm, why have blood and dune patrol in there? The reason I think dune is more fair is because their is less trees, less hills, its more easier to all out rush the yuri without dealing with magnetrons. It's also harder for yuri to camp 100% on dune.

With that in mind, I think it would be a great idea to eliminate yuri vs. allies on dune patrol. But keep it for yuri vs. soviets.

#3: Offense defense - This one i am kinda going off the community vibe, alot of people i have talked to, don't want this in qm. Personally I find it a hard time playing vs yuri there, as yuri is just to good there.

Please discuss all possible elimination of yuri maps in here.

I think Urban Rush needs no discussion!
I think Hidden Valley, Blood Feud and Dune Patrol are pretty bad too.
(I always thought BF and DP play quite similarly)

#24 Pizzaguru

Pizzaguru

Seal

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • XWIS Name: PizzaGuru

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:51 AM

You must understand this: It's SO hard to pick maps for yuri combate because of the extremes. On 70% of the maps yuri abso. OWNS, on 20% of the maps yuri abso. gets OWNED. the 10% is the 'real good maps.'

What are those 20% maps? Let's add those, it's impossible to own any decent yuri on any map

I think we're getting quite a good list here, just keep offense defense
maybe urban rush is already out of yuri's qm maps, if so remove dustbowl instead xD

Edited by PizzaGuru, 23 February 2009 - 10:00 AM.

#25 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

Id have to say a map like tanyas training grounds is a map that yuri gets dominated. How will they compete in techs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users