Seal

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • XWIS Name: PizzaGuru

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:36 PM

- The Alamo -
Coming soon

Edited by PizzaGuru, 01 January 2009 - 02:09 PM.

#27 Pizzaguru

Pizzaguru

Seal

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:09 PM

- Urban Rush -
All positions

Tesla reactor
Barracks - 2x attack dog(protect/scout), 5x conscript
Ore refinery
War factory - 1x war miner, ...x rhino tank
Ore refinery
Radar
Sell MCV

Extra notes: First dog coming out of barracks hunts for conscripts, 2nd dog waits next to repairhut to secure safe passage for your own conscripts. Try to garrison 2 of the 3 lower buildings so later you can repair the building(with engi from mcv) close to your opponent and fill it with conscripts. Build a V3 if you feel like killing some of your opponent's garrisoned buildings. Or shoot the fence around the airfield so engi from selling mcv can capture. Kill your opponents bridge when he's running out of ore so his miners have to drive further.
Replays: None
Screenshots: None

Edited by Pizzaguru, 23 October 2009 - 10:23 PM.

#28 AeRY

AeRY

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • XWIS Name: aery

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:20 PM

it be better if u show them how its done

#29 Pizzaguru

Pizzaguru

Seal

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:22 PM

it be better if u show them how its done

I'll try adding more screenshots/ replays

#30 reano

reano

Captain

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts
  • XWIS Name: reano

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:27 AM

This is a good job may be too late but what I find works is the following.

1) if you play someone that is obviously new, point them to strike-team as it is surprising how many people don't visit strike-team.
2) Ask someone you beat whether they would like to learn how to improve. I'm not talking about those you get close matches with, where you win some and they do. I'm talking about those that you beat easily and it is obvious they don't even know how to build.
3) Don't assume they even know how to use the keyboard get them started on just building faster and that will usually amaze them enough (when they discover it wasn't a speed hack).

Good Job Pizza......

#31 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:00 PM

good job PIZZA i tried doing something like this a long time ago but i just gave up bcuz iwas training 30+ ppl and writing all this **** >.<

gj tho hope u dont quit on it like i did =]

#32 Jor

Jor

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3797 posts
  • XWIS Name: .

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:11 PM

I prefer 3 miner on heart if bl vs tr... Can go many wars very fast!

#33 xJaQuaRx

xJaQuaRx

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:44 PM

Should be 5 miner at least. At least 2 from war.

- Isle of War -
All positions

Tesla reactor
Barracks - 3x attack dog (1scout/1anti/1lure)
Ore refinery
War factory - war miner, ...x rhino tank
Ore refinery

Move MCV

Ore refinery - sell one & bring a miner
Tesla reactor
Radar
Battle lab
Nuclear reactor
Naval shipyard

Extra notes: Position one of your dogs on the bridge above the valley to lure the dogs that are anti-scouting you. His dog will run through the valley and get eaten by your anti-scouting dogs. Then your dog can scout your opponent safely. Repair the bridge if you want to attack. If your opponent is mining the ore next to the cliff try and kill some miners from above.
Replays: none
Screenshots: Coming soon

#34 Pizzaguru

Pizzaguru

Seal

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:15 PM

Should be 5 miner at least. At least 2 from war.

Ty. fixed, I hope you like it now...

Extra notes: Position one of your dogs on the bridge above the valley to lure the dogs that are anti-scouting you. His dog will run through the valley and get eaten by your anti-scouting dogs. Then your dog can scout your opponent safely. Repair the bridge if you want to attack. If your opponent is mining the ore next to the cliff try and kill some miners from above. Pause tanks when low on money to keep your fast tech fast or make 2 miners from war.

Edited by PizzaGuru, 08 January 2009 - 11:35 PM.

#35 xJaQuaRx

xJaQuaRx

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:23 PM

Cool m8

#36 Elektro6

Elektro6

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • XWIS Name: Elektro6

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:15 AM

Pizza you're the best man thanks a lot :)

#37 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:24 PM

i dont like some of the bo's but respect man what a effort u put in these posts/ss's.

Keep up the good work.

#38 Icarus678

Icarus678

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • XWIS Name: Icarus678

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:35 PM

Respect, man. This is what we call dedication to the community.

#39 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:44 PM

haha the official tournament A build order doesn't really work :) but good job anyways.

#40 Pizzaguru

Pizzaguru

Seal

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:47 PM

haha the official tournament A build order doesn't really work :) but good job anyways.

explain ?

#41 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:50 PM

battle lab on that map will not work in most cases. You most likely have to sell your mcv at 2 or 3 miners in order to survive (except if your opponent doesn't rush which is very rarely).

#42 Elektro6

Elektro6

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:08 AM

battle lab on that map will not work in most cases. You most likely have to sell your mcv at 2 or 3 miners in order to survive (except if your opponent doesn't rush which is very rarely).

there is so much money there that you can tech up while making tanks

#43 Pizzaguru

Pizzaguru

Seal

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:17 AM

If you can hold him off long enough you can make a dread then and you have won. I place the naval as far out possible with my radar on the shoreline so he has to kill it with miners. This gives me enough time to kill his buildings which are all in reach of my dread 99% of the time. Also if somebody sells mcv, the reason he did so is for more fodder in which case I'd make 1-2 desolators when i get radar and go camp(yes quite annoying/lame)

I get your point though, mass fodder can give you a hard time with a sell mcv rush

Edited by PizzaGuru, 11 January 2009 - 12:22 AM.

#44 Kindergarten

Kindergarten

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3999 posts
  • XWIS Name: 1

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:29 PM

If you can hold him off long enough you can make a dread then and you have won. I place the naval as far out possible with my radar on the shoreline so he has to kill it with miners. This gives me enough time to kill his buildings which are all in reach of my dread 99% of the time. Also if somebody sells mcv, the reason he did so is for more fodder in which case I'd make 1-2 desolators when i get radar and go camp(yes quite annoying/lame)

I get your point though, mass fodder can give you a hard time with a sell mcv rush

against better players you wouldn't be able to hold off long enough to get a BL, most guys i've played rush from either spot and it turns into a tank battle. desolators are easily countered by drones. you'd be better off going 1 miner and selling on 3 with a radar / service depot, or no miners and try an all-out rush
but you seem to have put a lot of time into these, tops marks for effort ;)

Edited by Kindergarten, 11 January 2009 - 02:30 PM.

#45 GuessWho

GuessWho

The Victor

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1468 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:26 PM

gj many starting players can learn much from it
although i would recommand that the amount of miners from war is dependeble of spot and situation i recommand to go + 1 miner then oppoinent on most maps unlesh oppointent goes 2 miners on maps with low reasources

#46 Elektro6

Elektro6

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:58 PM

i always go no miner

#47 PrisonBreak

PrisonBreak

PlayFairOrDiE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • XWIS Name: aSovKilla

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:14 AM

against better players you wouldn't be able to hold off long enough to get a BL, most guys i've played rush from either spot and it turns into a tank battle. desolators are easily countered by drones. you'd be better off going 1 miner and selling on 3 with a radar / service depot, or no miners and try an all-out rush
but you seem to have put a lot of time into these, tops marks for effort ;)

No if you go 0 miner and me 1 miner i would simply stop your rush with 1-2 drones + sentry gun + desos after my 2nd ref or if hes really good just go pp rax ref wf(tanks) ref ref radar pp BL naval yard " replace sent gun so u can protect ur desos untill you kill his wf/refs/rax/oil'' then *GG*

#48 Kindergarten

Kindergarten

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3999 posts
  • XWIS Name: 1

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:59 AM

No if you go 0 miner and me 1 miner i would simply stop your rush with 1-2 drones + sentry gun + desos after my 2nd ref or if hes really good just go pp rax ref wf(tanks) ref ref radar pp BL naval yard " replace sent gun so u can protect ur desos untill you kill his wf/refs/rax/oil'' then *GG*

you do know that most of the better players easily avoid sentry guns and desolators by running around / picking at them? oh, and by the time your radar is up and producing desos, your economy will dry up very fast as the need to out-build in terms of tank numbers, as well as pumping defence at the same time. you mentioned sentry, desos, that's already $1100 minimum and worth 1 and a bit tanks, which would usually make the difference. (yes, one tank does result in a substantial advantage in small tank battles) additionally, using a drone always brings an amount of luck into play. please dont' try debate with me whether or not your one or two drones would get in because you're such a 'master' droner and never fail to successfully use one, because there'll always be a time when you will.

and about your fast tech build, you'd be dead around the second power plant if your opponent rushed ;)

Edited by Kindergarten, 12 January 2009 - 11:00 AM.

#49 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:15 PM

honestly, from my experience stopping a rush on ra2 with sentry's usually doesn't work
this bo would maybe work on yuri's but i doubt it would on ra2

#50 GuessWho

GuessWho

The Victor

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1468 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:28 PM

in my experience 1 miner on map a will do fine aslong as u keep ur eco running i also tech up in most situations and almost always works even against top players it just depence on the way u build if u stretch towards cliffs ur way funereble then when u build defence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users