14 replies to this topic

#1 MaChin3

MaChin3

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:26 PM

Hi, I wanted to play RA2 again, I didn't play it since 5 years or so ( in Internet) and when i installed it again I have some problems (it was in a New PC, with a dual core, Nvidia 9600 GT and Windows XP)

When I join to a game, and when the host will lauch, it says the following error that makes the game restart:

" Red Alert 2 has encourred an internal error and is unable to continue normaly

Please visit our website www.westoow.com for the latest updates and technical support "

I try to:

Install the 1.006 patch
the High graphic patch
Change the energy of PC (different than minimun)

After testing all that things, I re-installed the game ( using regedit), I try with [ctr + alt +del] and changing the affinity in game.exe just to "1" and not 3...

I really don't know what to do now :unsure: :blink: , I try to the the best searching to fix this game and like the website says: "Keeping C & C alive"

I hope that somebody can help me.

Kind Regards

:rolleyes:

Edited by MaChin3, 25 October 2008 - 10:27 PM.

#2 biofrfeak

biofrfeak

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:43 PM

& i have this problem.When server will start the game appear window "Red Alert 2 has encourred an internal error and is unable to continue normaly

Please visit our website www.westoow.com for the latest updates and technical support"

and this problem on 2 comp's in my hous (pc,noutbook).error.jpg

#3 MaChin3

MaChin3

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:24 PM

Yes, I have 2 PCs too, one with dual core and other with 1 core, so that is not the problem...

Do you know how to fix that?? : /

#4 biofrfeak

biofrfeak

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:28 AM

no. I don't now how fix this problem.

#5 damotbhtbh

damotbhtbh

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:42 AM

Run ra2 in compatability mode for windows ME, or try 98 too. I had this problem on XP back in the day, though now i have vista it works fine ( offline atleast)

#6 biofrfeak

biofrfeak

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:05 PM

i'm from russia,and speak english not so good.
Early i l'be play on XP & i have no this problem before.

But i try this method.

#7 biofrfeak

biofrfeak

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:16 PM

not work...:((((

#8 damotbhtbh

damotbhtbh

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:22 PM

have u made some custom maps lately? or made changes to any of the ra2 files?

#9 MaChin3

MaChin3

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:00 AM

No i didn't, indeed I re-installed it a few times yesterday...

:-(

#10 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:17 PM

Try downloading the 1.007 patch and set the graphics acceleration to off for Red Alert 2 in the options it has.

The 1.007 patch was a usermade balance update, but most users use 1.006 cause there is no way to update all the games to it, it still lets you play on the 1.006 when u got the 1.007 installed, it just acts as a game launcher.

You can download the patch here. http://blackassassins.org/pisc/readme.htm

Post back if that doesn't work.

Edited by FReQuEnZy, 27 October 2008 - 05:34 PM.

#11 MaChin3

MaChin3

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:59 AM

Hi Frequenzy...

I installed that patch and after charging, I put Pa2 v1.007 (unofficial) and it doen't work, indeed I cant just enter to a room with other people... (when I enter to the game still said 1.006v, it's right?)

What can I do. when I use that programe to come back to 1.006 I can enter to a room but when it lauch said the same error than the begun of the treath:

Please visit our website www.westoow.com for the latest updates and technical support "

Regards :(

#12 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:10 AM

Hi Frequenzy...

I installed that patch and after charging, I put Pa2 v1.007 (unofficial) and it doen't work, indeed I cant just enter to a room with other people... (when I enter to the game still said 1.006v, it's right?)

What can I do. when I use that programe to come back to 1.006 I can enter to a room but when it lauch said the same error than the begun of the treath:

Regards :(

i didnt mean you to actualy use the patch to play the game, the launcher has a convinient option for switching off the graphics acceleration feature on Red Alert 2 which i wanted you to try,incase it was a graphics error. You should also check that ra2.exe, game.exe, mph.exe don't have their network access blocked by anything.

#13 MaChin3

MaChin3

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:34 PM

Sorry, I didn't understand very well the message.

I try putting the 1.006 version in that "launcher" with Disable Hardware acceleration... ( I didn't uninstall nothing) and it doesn't works... (the same message of always).

How can I check:

" You should also check that ra2.exe, game.exe, mph.exe don't have their network access blocked by anything. "

Regards

#14 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:29 PM

Sorry, I didn't understand very well the message.

I try putting the 1.006 version in that "launcher" with Disable Hardware acceleration... ( I didn't uninstall nothing) and it doesn't works... (the same message of always).

How can I check:

" You should also check that ra2.exe, game.exe, mph.exe don't have their network access blocked by anything. "

Regards

You can check that your anti virus or firewall is not restricting Red Alert 2's functionality. Every anti virus program and firewall is different so i can't help you much on that part.

You can also try setting your Red Alert 2 to windows 98 compatiblity mode, Right click on the game icon and go to properties, then click on the compatibilty tab
check the box that says "Run this program in compatibilty mode for" and pick windows 98 from the list.

#15 MaChin3

MaChin3

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:31 PM

Thanks a lot for your answer Frequenczy. Now I can play in Internet with my 2 pc's!! (since yesterday night, sorry for not post the solution before)

The solution was changing inm the game: Options/ Network/ Internet firewall setting.

In the firewall setting, its come with no number for defect. I put "5566" and appear a message saying if im' sure that I want to change the configuration...

After clicking YES, the game works perfectly (in both computers tested...)

So everyone that have that error playing in Internet do that thing... :-)

PS: Yesterdy I have my first lost... :-(

Regards!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users