Photo

TS'ers please read and comment :)

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 riz

riz

Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts
  • XWIS Name: riz

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:52 PM

OK I have been going through this section trying to do the reports, but the majority of the reports are incomplete and full of spam and flame.

I have closed a number of topics as I am not going to trawl through the spam and flame looking for the actual evidence. If you want those reports actioned then i am afraid you will have to remake the topic and provide all the evidence I have asked for.

If you guys want us to get this section up to date you have to help us do so by..

1. Read the stickies right now. Make sure you are gathering the correct evidence in every game you play just in case you have to make a report.
2. Stop posting in other peoples reports, only post in a topic that you were involved in the game. If i want your opinion of the player or report, i will ask for it. Otherwise don't give it.
3. Stop flaming each other and us, we're not going to waste our time reading it and it will result in closed topics and forum bans.
4. Stop posting links to stats or screenshots of stats, they are useless, copy and paste the stats into the report.
5. Make a completed report in 1 post with all the evidence, don't make us have to ask you for more info as that will delay the processing of your reports.
6. If another player does post an incomplete report, don't post in the topic giving him help as that just spams the topic, use the PM system.

OK well I have made a start but i have had enough reading of spam/flame for one night so i'll carry on tomorow and try and have the section cleared soon, but tomorow (before i look at the WIP's and other untouched reports I am going to go through all those closed reports and hand out the warnings due for the spam and flame.

I will not ban any of you for it this time as it has been left to get out of hand, but be warned that as of now, spam and flame will not be tolerated at all and if I have already warned you for it, it will result in forum bans.

You all know we need a TS expert on the team again, and we have had a few people asking for the TS Analyzer position, but for us to give out that position we are going to have to see you putting in perfect reports and keeping your record clean, (no forum bans, no XWIS bans). So don't ask to be the analyzer untill you have had a number of perfect reports where i can click in, read all the info from a nicely laid out report, mark it proven and do the ban, without having to ask you for more info or read any useless flame. You must show us that you completely understand our rules and our methods.

Feel free to comment in this topic....

#2 Mammoth2k11

Mammoth2k11

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:53 AM

good to see your back on top of things .

trz recon vs heat clan 12 in that topic how does one get dpl i would of got stats it was a month ago, but when you dont expect recon how you get dpl? every game early on?

#3 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:59 AM

good to see your back on top of things .

trz recon vs heat clan 12 in that topic how does one get dpl i would of got stats it was a month ago, but when you dont expect recon how you get dpl? every game early on?

yes take a dpl at begining of each game(happens sometimes on yrs/ra2 also)

#4 riz

riz

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:53 AM

Yep, as crisis says, every game, take dpl not long into the game, then if the other player speaks during the game, SS that too, if he doesn't speak and you have just won the battle that will turn the tide of a game in your favour, take a dpl then too as thats when most dc's recons and packet too late errors occur.

Let me highlight again, that if you guys want this section brought up to date, you have to lay off the pathetic flame like the image that was posted by cooolio's alleged friend.

#5 Chronic1l

Chronic1l

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:53 PM

The flame is a consequence of being ingored and brushed aside for so long. However, its good to see that the cheaters will finally be dealt with. Thanks.

#6 riz

riz

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:33 PM

I do understand it from your point of view too. Thanks for responding and i would be gratefull if you would help spread the word in TS.

You should try and see it from our point of view too, that the flame and spam is part of the reason why this section was neglected. Even when the bil was active, you guys flamed him and each other constantly, spammed constantly and put in poor reports even though bil spent hours and hours writing those stickies.

The admins would come in to do the bans and have to sift through mountains of extra unneeded posts to get to the real info.

We are just volunteers here so you have to help us out by reading the stickies and learning how to make the best reports that you can, do that and it makes our end of it much easier and encourages us to spend more time working on TS reports.

We gotta work together on this as a community or it's not going to work.

#7 silver23

silver23

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • XWIS Name: silver23

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:13 PM

i agree lets just make a new start, no more flaming and this time post reports correctly, i hope everyone listens

#8 lamspace

lamspace

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • XWIS Name: iamspace

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:46 AM

gj.

#9 R3SiN

R3SiN

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:56 AM

OK I have been going through this section trying to do the reports, but the majority of the reports are incomplete and full of spam and flame.

I have closed a number of topics as I am not going to trawl through the spam and flame looking for the actual evidence. If you want those reports actioned then i am afraid you will have to remake the topic and provide all the evidence I have asked for.

If you guys want us to get this section up to date you have to help us do so by..

1. Read the stickies right now. Make sure you are gathering the correct evidence in every game you play just in case you have to make a report.
2. Stop posting in other peoples reports, only post in a topic that you were involved in the game. If i want your opinion of the player or report, i will ask for it. Otherwise don't give it.
3. Stop flaming each other and us, we're not going to waste our time reading it and it will result in closed topics and forum bans.
4. Stop posting links to stats or screenshots of stats, they are useless, copy and paste the stats into the report.
5. Make a completed report in 1 post with all the evidence, don't make us have to ask you for more info as that will delay the processing of your reports.
6. If another player does post an incomplete report, don't post in the topic giving him help as that just spams the topic, use the PM system.

OK well I have made a start but i have had enough reading of spam/flame for one night so i'll carry on tomorow and try and have the section cleared soon, but tomorow (before i look at the WIP's and other untouched reports I am going to go through all those closed reports and hand out the warnings due for the spam and flame.

I will not ban any of you for it this time as it has been left to get out of hand, but be warned that as of now, spam and flame will not be tolerated at all and if I have already warned you for it, it will result in forum bans.

You all know we need a TS expert on the team again, and we have had a few people asking for the TS Analyzer position, but for us to give out that position we are going to have to see you putting in perfect reports and keeping your record clean, (no forum bans, no XWIS bans). So don't ask to be the analyzer untill you have had a number of perfect reports where i can click in, read all the info from a nicely laid out report, mark it proven and do the ban, without having to ask you for more info or read any useless flame. You must show us that you completely understand our rules and our methods.
Feel free to comment in this topic....

Sounds good. It seems as if one could not help donate time without first catching a cheater?

#10 riz

riz

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:49 AM

It seems as if one could not help donate time without first catching a cheater?

I am not entirely sure what you mean. The only time i am asking you guys to donate is the time it takes to read through the sticky topics in this topic so that you are armed with the knowledge of what iks needed to successfully get cheaters booted off the TS server, which is what we all want ( except the cheaters of course :rizla: )

^ spam And this is spam toolol

So don't reposnd to the spam as it just means i spend more time deleting, less time analyzing.

o my

why do you spam? hez doing us a favor u all are gonna blow it

The thought that crosses my mind is these guys spamming (rent and Mammoth2k11) are prolly a couple of the TS cheaters and they don't want this section up to date as they will end up banned? I could be wrong, but that's the only reason i can think of for them to start spamming this topic.

Anyway silver, don't respond to their spam / flame as it only encourages them to do it again, leave for me to delete and they will soon get fed up of wasting their own time.

#11 AmAzEmEnT

AmAzEmEnT

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • XWIS Name: god

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:36 AM

im sure that if you are meaning to ban people, then bil will start doing topics again. and removing spam etc, he was good at it until st gave up on ts.

#12 riz

riz

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:53 AM

If bil wants to come back and be active again, that would be great :wub: But it still doesn't detract from the fact that even when bil was active, the quality of reports being put in was still very poor and you guys still constantly spammed and flamed in those topics. Bil was much more lenient with your flame and spam than I would be but that resulted in Admins having to trawl through the spam/flame to double check the evidence before doing bans, which is counter productive. I won't take it from players in ra2 or yr so I am not going to take it from TS'ers either. Do you see where i am coming fro here?

bil went to all the effort of writing those excellently laid out and formatted sticky topics, but you guys still didn't improve the quality of your reports.

What we need is full proof, in the first post as described in the sticky topics, without it we can't issue bans as we have to be able to provide EA of the full proof behind a ban in the unlikely event that they do come asking.

#13 ggy0unewb

ggy0unewb

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:48 AM

thanks a lot.. I'll start making reports again, and I actually will use screengrab again, and there will be competition on ts,.. never thought this would be back.. again.. .thanks

ps if cheat mod needed, I'm up for it.. if you need an application, let me know via pm.

#14 riz

riz

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 12:20 PM

Nice 1 tezzlsm, i like to see some optimism :thumbsup:

Lots of people wanna be cheat report analyzers, but only a few so far have shown an interested in reporting cheaters like you just did :)

Quality cheat reports precedes analyzer applications. Applications need to be backed up by a "lot" of good quality reports on ST ;) So if that's what you wanna aim for, you know what we're looking for.

#15 Mammoth2k11

Mammoth2k11

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:07 PM

Riz im an elite cheater, Catch me if u can !!

#16 riz

riz

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:33 PM

it's not up to me to catch you, it's up the the players you cheat against to prove you and i'll remove you.

#17 Mammoth2k11

Mammoth2k11

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:30 PM

Sounds like adeal :D lol

#18 ifv21

ifv21

PaRaDoX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:47 PM

i cheat o.o y do ppl say that ;(

#19 riz

riz

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:08 PM

it's attention seeking, just ignore them, same with the cheaters they cheat because they are desperate for you to think they are better than you.

//edit, if anyone's registered at cncwz can you ask them unlock my account

Sorry, your account has been locked due to an excessive number of failed login attempts within a defined period. Your account will automatically be unlocked in -5856 minutes

>_>

#20 ifv21

ifv21

PaRaDoX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:26 PM

i see o.o

#21 Mammoth2k11

Mammoth2k11

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 05:45 PM

i cheat because it makes people extremely mad and i laff so hard lol

#22 riz

riz

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:20 PM

The fair players will get the last laugh on XWIS.

#23 ifv21

ifv21

PaRaDoX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:35 PM

haha

#24 c0rpsmakr

c0rpsmakr

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 02:19 AM

wow, im happy for this riz :), thanks abunch

#25 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 05:19 AM

Nice 1 tezzlsm, i like to see some optimism :thumbsup:
Lots of people wanna be cheat report analyzers, but only a few so far have shown an interested in reporting cheaters like you just did :)

Quality cheat reports precedes analyzer applications. Applications need to be backed up by a "lot" of good quality reports on ST ;) So if that's what you wanna aim for, you know what we're looking for.

u can always ask me ;) any kind of cheat report im up for it :p if u ever need help :)

Edited by BlueBala, 03 September 2007 - 05:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users